Search

WeRIndia Blog

Leading India News Source

Here is what Shraddha Kapoor says about Nawazuddin, racist controversy:

He has everything to fit in almost every role with perfection. You saw him as a reporter in Bajrangi Bhaijaan and as well as a killer gangster in Gangs of Wasseypur. He can pull any role flawlessly, without any chance to think of any flaw. This is the Black Prince of Bollywood, Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Yes, we quote him the Black Prince because that is how we discriminate people- Black & White. Despite giving us so many paramount performances, the 43 year old actor has to face difficulties securing roles because of his conventional looks and yes, color.

On 17th July, the Raman Raghav 2.0 action thriller actor tweeted a post about racism in the entertainment industry- Bollywood, which left all of us speechless and surprised. Siddiqui wrote, “Thank U 4 making me realize dat I cannot b paired along wid d fair and handsome bcz I m dark and not good looking, but I never focus on that. (sic)”

nawazuddin-siddiqui-and-sharddha-kapoor

The post was enough to ignite a debate on the social media platform. It was Shraddha Kapoor who spoke about the post recently. Busy with the shooting of her upcoming film Haseena Parkar, Shraddha told a leading daily, “I have always said that personally, my definition of beauty is very different. You can come from any background or caste, you can have any skin colour, but I feel true beauty radiates from within. Of course, I feel that in our society there are pressures, but I don’t agree that it’s only in the film industry. Our industry is always in the limelight and that’s the reason it gets highlighted.”

She added, “I feel what’s important is how to deal with that pressure, and understand the things that truly matter. I feel that there are pressures but its how you handle them that matters. I feel beauty is skin deep.”

Last year only, in an interview, Nawazuddin praised for being fair and giving priority to talent over good looks.

To read this news in Punjabi subscribe to our newsletter.

Advertisements

Security forces will hunt down the culprits who are responsible for the lives of the innocents; Army Chief:

Addressing the press on Tuesday, the Army chief General Bipin Rawat said that the security forces of India in Kashmir will hunt down the terrorist who are behind the “dastardly” attack on the innocent Amarnath Yatra pilgrims. He also has instructed his commanders to pursue a relentless pressure on the terrorist in counter-militancy as well as counter-infiltration operations.

General Rawat visited the attack site on Tuesday. The attack on the Amarnath Pilgrims at Anantnag district of Kashmir made the latest national news as 7 pilgrims were killed while 12 were injured. The army chief had some serious talks with the J&K Governor NN Vohra and the CM Mehbooba Mufti. He also addressed a security review meeting with his high ranked army official. State chief secretary BB Vyas and director general of police SP Vaid were also the part of the security review meeting.

48545-sqpswlfrva-1483410059

The main custody of the security of Amarnath Yatra, where more than 2.5 lakh pilgrims come every year, is with central armed police forces (CAPFs) which have 300 companies (over 30,000 troops). However, this year, the army has also deployed five battalions including 5,000 soldiers for the security of the pilgrimage.

Three units of the Army safeguard NH-44 from Jawahar Tunnel to Srinagar and one unit each ensures safety at northern and southern routes, from Baltal and Chandanwari respectively, to the cave shrine.

Meanwhile, the survived Amarnath Yatra pilgrims have thanked their bus driver Saleem for making them out safe. As the fire broke, Saleem kept driving the bus to save as many lives as he could save.

However, the tragedy could have been saved if the driver has had followed the security restriction, i.e. no vehicle must be on road after 5 p.m.

To read this news in Punjabi, subscribe to our newsletter.

GST is the biggest and the most critical economic reform of India, says PM Narendra Modi

On Thursday, addressing a press conference, Prime Minister Narendra Modi asserted that GST is till date the biggest business and economic reform of India and that with steps like GST the country is moving towards a modern tax regime, that will be transparent, stable as well as predictable. This is the latest national news today.

“We have resolved a number of regulatory and policy issues facing businesses and companies. We have worked very sincerely for ease of doing business. We are positioning India as a global manufacturing hub. This is necessary for us to take advantage of youth energy. For this, we have launched Make in India,” Prime Minister Modi said, addressing the first joint meeting of Indo-Israel CEO’s forum.

pm-modi-with-jaitley_650x400_71459105045

PM Modi also invited the Israeli industry to take part in the “Startup India initiative”. For this, the Prime Minister launched an India-Israel StartUp Bridge with the motive of encouraging the startups from both the countries to come up and work together; find out the solutions for the challenges in many industries like agriculture, water & healthcare.

“There is a lot of potential for India-Israel partnership and I am happy that startup bridge has been formally launched today. Israel is known as a startup nation. It has a unique sense and ecosystem for innovation and incubation. Credit must go to the Israeli entrepreneurs,” the PM said.

With high hopes that both Indian and Israeli entrepreneurs would come ahead to touch new heights of innovation, the PM said. “The driving force is opportunities for the betterment of lives of people.” Both the Prime Minister asserted, “Innovation is life” while inaugurating the Innovation Bridge. The CEOs Forum has made a new target for bilateral trade this time and the two countries are targeting on the business of $5 billion to $20 billion in next five years.

To read this news in Punjabi log into our website.

Salman, Shahrukh & Kajol appeared in a Power packed Shaadi in Delhi:

The wedding of the Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad’s daughter was a different than many others as apart from having the who’s is who of the politics, the wedding also welcomed some guests like Kajol, Salman Khan & Shahrukh Khan. Though it was a no media event, there were no chances that the presence of such superstars can be kept under wraps.

59424946.cms

The guest’s list on the wedding reception of Aditi Prasad and Ajay Iyer had some powerful names in it including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, L K Advani, Manmohan Singh & UP CM Yogi Adityanath. It also included many Bollywood celebs.

As per a source, “Prasad had earlier held the position of MoS in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, so he has always shared cordial relations with actors and filmmakers. While the wedding was a family affair, the reception was a grand celebration and there was hardly any big name from the world of politics that wasn’t present. Salman and Shah Rukh especially came to Delhi to attend the wedding,”

There were many others who are a part of both the lands; Bollywood & Politics like Shatrughan Sinha, Kiron Kher, Manoj Tiwari and more.

The reception in itself was a great function and one of the hot attraction in Delhi last night. There were hundreds of dish served in the lavish dinner that was followed by a great dance party.

At the work front, Salman Khan’s Tubelight did not do a great business in the box office while Shahrukh Khan is all busy with his upcoming film, Jab Harry met Sejal. About Kajol, there are no hints as the superheroine comes up with shocking projects.

For latest national news log in to our official website.

India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-17 launched from French Guiana

India has successfully launched its latest communication satellite GSAT-17 today in a heavy-duty rocket of Arianespace from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana. This is the latest national news from India that boasts of the technical excellence of the country.

The satellite is configured over I-3K extended bus & has a lift-off mass of over 3477 kg. It carries the heavy payload of Normal C- band, Extended C-band and S-band that will provide assistance to many communication services.

GSAT-17 also carries heavy equipment for assisting meteorological data relay and is also enabled to offer satellite-based search and rescue services like all earlier INSAT satellites.

The European launcher Arianespace Flight VA238 took off from the Ariane Launch Complex No 3 (ELA 3) at Kourou, which is a French territory located in the Northeastern coast of South America. It was scheduled at 2:29 hrs IST but was delayed by a couple of minutes.

121615425-ISRO_6

The GSAT-17 injection was done soon after it orbited the co-passenger Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN after a flight of 41 minutes.

The Indian headquarter of ISRO confirmed the launch with an announcement “GSAT-17 successfully launched by Ariane-5 VA-238 from Kourou, French Guiana,”

The satellite will strengthen the fleet of ISRO as the organization now has 17 super powerful communication satellites. The recently launched GSAT-17 was released into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).

This is the third achievement of ISRO this month, earlier ISRO launched GSLV MkIII and PSLV C-38, both from Sriharikota spaceport.

Arianespace CEO Stephane Israel confirmed the launch of the satellite and tweeted: “Confirmed: GSAT-17 has successfully separated from its #Ariane5 launcher #VA238 @ISRO “

Dr. K Sivan, Director Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre thanked Arianespace and quoted the mission a “textbook mission”.

For latest science and technology news subscribe to our newsletter.

Aamir Khan proved it again, loses a shocking amount of weight for Thugs of Hindostan:

It was yesterday only when we saw a massive Aamir Khan playing the role of Mahavir Phogat in his one of the most successful movies Dangal. Aamir Khan is again in news for his weight but this time for losing some shocking amount. In recent pictures of the star, he appears leaner, slimmer, fitter and of course younger. Some pictures of the star have gone viral on the internet with people appreciating Aamir’s transformation.

Even at a glimpse of the star, you can calculate the amount of weight he has lost. As per the facts, Aamir Khan gained 22-25 kgs of weight to play Mahavir Phogat in Dangal.At the time of the shooting, he weighed 98 kgs. As per the latest national news, Aamir Khan is again down to 70kgs. This weight is much lesser than what he weighed during PK (2015) and Dhoom 3 (2013), as per the reports.

aamir-khan-7592

Recently Aamir had an interview with leading news daily. During his interview, the actor spoke about the way he chooses his films. Aamir said, “All the films that I have done are very close to me and I don’t measure my films based on their business. Taare Zameen Par is as close to me as Dangal. So are PK, 3 Idiots, and Lagaan. I can’t differentiate between any one of them. All are equally important to me,”

He also expressed his excitement for working with Amitabh Bachchan, “I am most excited to work with Amitabh Bachchan for the first time. It is a dream come true. I’ve always been his huge fan,” the actor said.

Aamir upcoming movie, Secret Superstar is around the corner. Talking about the movie he sais, “My next film is Secret Superstar. It’s about a 14-year-old girl. She is the central character. I love the story. It’s a beautiful story,”

For latest Bollywood news subscribe to our newsletter.

The clouds of uncertainty surround the release of “Tubelight” in Pakistan:

There is no doubt that Salman Khan has a huge fan base in Pakistan. But, the Latest National News the fans this time won’t be happy to know that the much awaited Eid release, “Tubelight” of the star will be missed because there are no distributors ready to import the movie in Pakistan seeking the high cost.

Talking to news daily, the Pakistan Film Exhibitors Association Chairman Zohraiz Lashari said, that the pricing issue is causing a big hurdle in importing “Tubelight” to Pakistan.

“They are asking for a big price to import ‘Tubelight'(in Pakistan),” he said.

tubelight-new-story_647_061517115011

When asked about the sensor board’s approval on the release, he said, “I don’t see that the censor board will have an issue with ‘Tubelight’ because of some content related to China. The issue is who will take a chance here to buy it for a big price.”

The speculations are high that the Pakistani censor board might have a problem as the movie is based 1962 Indo-Sino war. This is one of the reasons the distributors are hesitant for importing the movie.

Sohail Khan, the producer and one of the distributors of the film said that the Salman Khan starer movie can also affect the business of the 6 Pakistani movies that are aligned to release on the same date, this is another reason the distributors are not ready.

“Pakistani distributors may not be interested in importing ‘Tubelight‘ because of this factor (cost) as well as the controversial content about India-China war. The censor board may also raise some objections to it,” he said.

Mubashir Hasan, the chairman of the Central Censor Board of Pakistan said that he haven’t received any application from the distributors for “Tubelight”.

“Since there is no ban on Indian movies in Pakistan, we are considering every application regarding the release of Indian films for screening in local cinemas,” he said.

For Latest Bollywood Updates visit our website.

Apple is working on automated system for Car Driving; confirms Tim Cook

apl

In the latest interview, Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook confirmed that Apple is working towards developing an “automated system” that can empower a driverless car.
In an interview with a leading channel, Tim said, “Autonomy is something that’s incredibly exciting for us, but we’ll see where it will take us. We’re not really saying from a product point of view what we’ll do, but we’re being straightforward that it’s a core technology we view as very important.” The CEO further added, “We sort of see it as the mother of all AI (Artificial Intelligence) projects. It’s probably one of the most difficult A.I. projects actually to work on.”

Apple was since long working on developing a car under its own name. The project was better known as “Project Titan” but it has to face some major changes when Cupertino giant started recalibrating its resources. This made the latest national news back then.
This is when the company started working on making an autonomous system, however, there were no confirmation whether the “Project Titan” was abandoned. This is the first time Tim Cook has spoken publicly about Apple’s future plans.

Bob Mansfield, the one man who engineered the iMac, iPad and the MacBook Air was made the head of the “Project Titan” team in 2016. While there was no official confirmation from Cook or the team, it was reported that Apple has obtained a permit from the California Department of Motor Vehicles in April silently to test three driver-less vehicles.

There is no doubt that Apple is the market leader in the Smartphone market, and with its driverless cars coming up, it will soon lead the automobile sector too.

For Latest science and tech news subscribe to our daily newsletter.

The new President of India will be elected on July 20th; says EC

The Latest National News claims that on July 20th, India will get its next President. The Election Commission declared the same on Wednesday regarding the electoral process for the President. This will be notified on June 14 and the closing date for the nomination will be June 24.

This has catalyzed the process of consultation in NDA & Other parties regarding their nomination for the post. Both the sides are yet to decide their final nomenclature as there is some confusion & debate. However, the Electoral College decisively indicates a BJP win.

Announcement of Presidential election

The current President of India, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee’s term would end on July 24th. Seeking this, the Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi declared that the presidential elections for the next President would commence on July 17. Counting of the votes and the declaration of the result will take place on July 20.

The Election Commission will examine the nomination papers on June 29th. Earlier sounding confident, the BJP brass is reconsidering their nomination and reaching regional parties to boost up their votes and ensure that the opposition’s agenda of non-BJP consolidation is busted. BJP is expecting support from TRS, YSR Congress and fractions of AIADMK.

BJP was considering the names of some senior leaders including social justice and empowerment minister Thawarchand Gehlot and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan. As the Vice-President elections are also around the corner, the Party might look to have a balanced caste equation between the two reputed posts.

In the opposition party (Congress, Trinamool, Left, RJD, DMK, and NCP) a unanimous nomination is to be filed against BJP majority. West Bengal governor Gopal Krishna Gandhi and JD (U) leader Sharad Yadav. Names of former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and NCP chief Sharad Pawar are making rounds from the opposition.

To read this News in Punjabi subscribe to our services.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

Morgan Magazine

Your Digital Guide to Travel, Entertainment and Events

Oozzoo

Media & Entertainment

I am an Intellectual

A poet-philosopher putting head in heavens and heavens in the head

Web Development Ebooks

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

The Whimsical Rebel

Be Weird. Be Random. Be You.

SK Adventures

Challenge Accepted

WeRIndia

Leading India News Source