Search

WeRIndia Blog

Leading India News Source

Karishma Tanna comes in support of Rajkumar Hirani

tm.jpg

Another Bollywood actress has come up in support of Bollywood film director Rajkumar Hirani. Karishma Tanna, who worked with Rajkumar in his movie Sanju has addressed the issue and given a statements about the #MeToo movement. Lending her support to the reputed director of Bollywood, the actress said, “I would like to say that whoever is trying to do it, is very immature. Someone like him, a veteran and a respectable director and producer like him, I cannot even think of it. I have worked with him and it has been a brilliant pleasure and outstanding experience. When I heard the news, more than being shocked I was very upset.”

“Whoever is trying to put allegations they should not forget that there is an option called NO. You can’t just put any false allegations, that is very immature,” she further added.

Rajkumar Hirani has received support from a number of celebrities so far and Karishma isn’t the first one. Javed Akhtar, Sharman Joshi and various other personalities of Bollywood have come up in the support of the Hirani. Sharman Joshi claimed him to be a man of integrity, character, honor, compassion and truthfulness and Javed Akhtar said that ‘it is too dangerous to be too good’.

Dia Mirza and Amandeep Jha have also expressed their shocked sentiment over this issue. For the uninitiated, Hirani was accused for sexual assault by a female co-worker, who assisted him during his film Sanju. Rajkumar Hirani is a popular personality of Bollywood and is respected by all hi co-workers and industry partners.

For more Bollywood news, subscribe to our newsletter.

Advertisements

Rahul Gandhi promotes traditions, say women should have restricted entry in Sabarimala

 

1.JPGThe AICC President has taken a U-turn in his Sabarimala Shrine statement, which was welcomed by the Kerala leadership of Congress on Sunday. Earlier Rahul Gandhi had a different tale to tell, which, he has now changed and the Congress leadership in Kerala says, that it is something that would save the party in being embarrassed further.

Rahul earlier was of the say that the women should be allowed to enter the temple, however, taking a complete U-turn, Rahul has now said something different. He is now arguing traditionalism and appears supporting the ban on the entry of ladies aged over 10-50 in the shrine.

“I can see validity in the argument that tradition needs to be protected… and that women should have equal rights… After I spoke to people in Kerala, and our team there, I realized that the issue is much more complicated and both sides have a valid position. I would leave it to decide on this,” Gandhi said in Dubai on Saturday.

2.JPG

The issue of Sabarimala shrine and women entering on it has stretched and already two women have been booked to enter the Shrine campus. The Shrine performed a purifying ritual to make sure that the premises has not been maligned by the women entering in.

On the other hand, Rahul Gandhi lately have been seen changing his statements very frequently. While earlier he said that the women should not enter the Shrine, he is not a traditional supporter and contributing to the propaganda.

He also said that he would waiver off the debts of the farmer as soon as his government will be in power, but later changed his statements as well.

For more national news updates, subscribe to our newsletter.

BJP will reap the fruit of their Vendetta culture, says SP Chief Akhilesh Yadav

ak

Recently the CBI raided a number of places in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, in relation to the sand mining scam. This has led to the possibilities of the agency questioning the former Chief Minister of UP and SP Chief Akhilesh Yadav. On Sunday, Yadav took a jibe over the issue, and claimed that BJP has started a culture of vendetta. He also claimed that the day is not far away when BJP will be at the receiving end of its conspiracy.

“Jo sanskriti inhone (BJP) shuru ki hai, uska saamna inhen khud bhi karna padh sakta ha,” Yadav said, ashe reffered to appower shift possible in the assembly election in 2019. “If they (BJP) have CBI, we have the gathbandhan (alliance), he added.

He also addressed the issue of CBI summoning him for the investigation and said that it is his old habit to confront sleuths. “Earlier, Congress unleashed CBI on me and now BJP is doing the same. I am ready to respond to all queries by the agency, but BJP should also be prepared to respond to questions by people on farmers’ suicide and rising unemployment,” he added. “BJP will use every ammunition at their disposal before the LS elections — be it CBI or money power, but SP and BSP will focus on consolidating the alliance and winning maximum seats,” he said.

On Saturday, CBI conducted probe at multiple locations to find out illegal sand mining contracts. As per the sources, there are several leaders as well as Akhilesh, who is under the radar as he held the portfolio of sand mining during his tenure as CM.

Akhilesh has said that “it’s the people and not CBI that vote during polls”.

For more local and national headlines, subscribe to our newsletter.

Pakistan requires strong domestic structure Like India for test success

For India’s Test success a strong domestic structure is very important and Pakistan cannot expect a same kind of performance from their players when most of them try to ignore the four-day cricket in the country, explained the former Test captain Salman Butt.

pk

Last month Pakistan had lost the three-Test series against New Zealand 1-2 and also faced a six-wicket defeat against South Africa in the very first Test at Centurion last week.

On the other side, India defeated Australia by 137 runs in the third Test at Melbourne to take an unassailable 2-1 lead and uphold the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

When India won the recent Test which they played against Australia, Virat Kohli added that India’s domestic cricket is certainly the great one for the success in bowling and batting,” said Butt, who played 33 Tests and 78 ODIs in his international cricket career.

The reason why India is doing well is that the players are only given the permission to play in the IPL T20 cricket and have to play Ranji Trophy unlike us where most players tend to ignore four-day domestic cricket.

He further added “Look most of them (Pakistani players) have not even played 50 first class games. Not many of them have spent time in domestic four-day cricket. Worse they have played all their cricket mostly in UAE conditions,”

Coming Thursday Pakistan will take on South Africa in the second Test beginning Cape Town and Butt said changing the playing XI will not bring any major change
He also added that Even if changes are made in the Pakistan team for the second Test in South Africa, I don’t think it will make a difference,”.

We just don’t have players who can be asked to come up with a big inning after every three or four innings.

“What we actually should do is somehow get to 300 in the second Test and if Muhammad Abbas plays we stand a good chance of winning.”

He also asked in general that when players were defined as being fit for one or more formats, the same rule should be there for everyone even for the head coach.

He also said I think we need to see if Mickey Arthur or for that matter any coach has the temperament like a player to adjust to all formats or which format.

Further, he added “Because a coach can’t expect to have the same approach or expectations for all formats. That is not practical. I wonder if the head coach has the penchant to handle all three formats or test cricket.”

Butt’s international career was cut short after he was found guilty and jailed for 30 months for his role in the 2010 Lord’s spot-fixing scandal. He was debarred from playing cricket for ten years, of which five years was a sentence of suspension.

For more local and international news, subscribe to our newsletter.

Sushant Singh Rajput is all happy for the audience response to KedarNath

kd

Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has said that he is very much elated with how the audience has appreciated his recent movie Kedarnath as audience appreciation is the driving force that keeps the actor motivated to work and perform well. Sushant was addressing the media and was appearing very much satisfied with how his film is doing.
The romance-drama “Kedarnath” is directed by Abhishek Kapoor and had Sushant and Sara Ali Khan, the debutant and a daughter of Saif Ali Khan. The movie is set on the background of the catastrophic floods that damaged the Kedarnath shrine in 2013 during the Uttarakhand floods. The movie has already earned 50 crore and is expected to make more earnings at the box office.

“I am really happy with the audience response to the film. When an actor’s work gets appreciated then it feels good because through that he gets an encouragement.
“The kind of minute detail we have shown in the film, they are getting connected to it and appreciating it. As an actor or as a filmmaker, all we want is that whatever we wanted to say should reach towards the audience without any obstacle.” Sushant told the press.

On the other hand, Sushant’s girlfriend for 6 years and a famous television actress Ankita Lokhande is also set to rule the big screen with her upcoming movie Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi.

Releasing her first look in the film, casting director Mukesh Chhabra said, “Here is the official look of actress Ankita Lokhande as Jhalkari Bai in her debut film – Manikarnika. A woman soldier in Rani Laxmibai’s army, Jhalkari Bai eventually rose to the position of an advisor to the Queen.”

Sushant commented on the post on social media, writing, “It looks absolutely great Ankita. I am extremely happy to see this. May God bless you with lots of success and happiness.”

“Thank you Sushant. I wish you the same.” said Ankita.

 

For more Bollywood news and update, subscribe to our newsletter.

Kapil Sharma tied knot with girlfriend Ginni in a private ceremony in Jalandhar

Kapil-Sharma-and-Ginni

Actor-comedian Kapil Sharma got married with his long-time girlfriend Ginni Chatrath in a much closed ceremony in Jalandhar Punjab. The two tied the knot on December 12 in the presence of very close friends and family members. Kapil and Ginni both looked extravagant in their wedding attire. The comedian shared a photograph of them two on Instagram.

Kapil gave the warm news to his fans earlier as he confirmed that he would be tying knot with Ginni in early December. “We wanted to keep it a low key. But Ginni is the only daughter in her family. Her folks wanted the wedding to be on a lavish scale. And I completely understand their sentiments. My mother also wants the wedding to be lavish,” Kapil confirmed the news to a leading news daily.

Bharti Singh, Haarsh Limbachiyaa, Sumona Chakravarti and Krushna Abhishek were a few guests to attend the intimate wedding affair. Reportedly, Kapil had planned to live broadcast his wedding on the YouTube channel, but changed his plan at the last moment.
While celebs across the industry wished Kapil and Ginni on social media, the fans of Kapil Sharma seemed a little disappointed to nit been able to see the entire ceremony live.

Actor & comedian Sudesh Lehri wrote Mubaarak ho tum ko shaadi ye tumhari, Tum dono sada khus raho ye Dua hai humari…. Congratulations #KapilSharma veera aur @ChatrathGinni aapko God Bless you both#KapilKiShaadi #KapilSharma #GinniChatrath
Whereas a fan wrote, Yaar hum toh intezaar krte rah gye yaar ki youtube par #KapilKiShaadi dekhne ko milegi us par kuch aa hi nahi rha #KapilGinniWeddingDay .but congratulation to both of u Ginni nd Kapil.

For more news and update from Bollywood, please subscribe to our newsletter.

2 Army Man Martyr & 2 Terrorists Killed in a Terrorist Attack in Hajin area, Kashmir:

As per the latest updates, two India Air Force Garud Personnel and many terrorists have been killed in the encounter in the Hajin area of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Wednesday. Talking to a leading newspaper daily, the defense spokesperson said, “Terrorists opened fire on a joint party of 13 RR of Army and SOG of Jammu and Kashmir police laying siege to Rakh (Paribal) area of Hajin today morning following inputs about the presence of about eight terrorists in the area,”

NBT-image (1)

As the forces were closing in, the hiding terrorists fired upon them around 5 am, resulting in injuries to jawans. Two Garud personnel were martyred in the action. They were operating with the Army for operational experience and training,” he added. “Two terrorists were also gunned down and weapons recovered.”

The gunbattle was between the army men and the terrorists and the operation is still underway. The valley has been probe to militants attack. On Monday only, the army killed three top Hizbul Mujahideen militants, including its chief recruiter Zahid, in an encounter in Shopian and a top Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in the Baramulla district of Jammu & Kashmir.

On October 9th a team of security forces killed top Jaish-e-Mohammed militant commander Umer Khalid in Ladoora area of North Kashmir reported the police. In last few days, over one dozen militants including the top leaders of Hizbul Mujahideen, Lashkar-e-Toiba, and JeM have been encountered and killed by the security forces.

In the latest attack, the identification of the killed terrorists is still uncertain.

For the Latest News India, subscribe to our daily newsletter.

 

Ihana Dhillon to join Hate Story 4 as a lead actress:

Punjabi Actress Ihana Dhillon has been roped for Hate Story 4. She has been a part of Punjabi films like “Tiger”, Daddy Cool Munde Fool. The actress is all set to make her debut in Bollywood with Hate Story 4.

In a statement to a leading news daily, Ilhana said, “I’m part of ‘Hate Story 4‘. I had received a call from the production house first. I was kind of skeptical so, I said ‘no’ as I didn’t want to start my Bollywood career with a bold role, but when I had a second meeting with the team, I sat through the entire film narration,”

“After listening to the story and knowing more about my role in the film, I immediately said ‘yes’.” She added.

The shooting for the film is expected to start from September this year.

Ihana-Dhillon

Discussing her role in the movie, Ihana said, “My role is performance-oriented where acting is given more preference than just looks. Also, I couldn’t ask for more as ‘Hate Story’ (erotic thriller) itself is a very hit franchise and it’s a T-Series production with Vishal Pandya as the director. So I’m really looking forward to this film.”

She has worked against Punjabi actor Sippy Gill, Honey Singh, etc. There is no update as who will be the hero cast against her.

Hate Story series has garnered a great response from the fans but in a decreasing pattern. The first part was a super duper hit but as the time went by, the later parts did less business. The first part featured Paoli Dam as the lead role whereas in the second series Surveen Chawla was seen on the screen. The third sequel of the movie had a somewhat different story line and had two lead actresses Zareen Khan and Daisy Shah.

To read this news in Punjabi, log in to our news website.

13 killed and a dozen injured in a terrorist attack in Barcelona:

t1

Barcelona, Spain witnessed a brutal terrorist attack when a van rammed into the crowd killing 13 people and injuring many. On Thursday afternoon a van ploughed into crowds at the Barcelona’s Las Ramblas.

Later, the Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy confirmed that this was a ‘Jihadi attack.’

In another incident, police stopped an attempt of attack in the Cambrils state of Spain. As per the spokesperson, police stopped a van on Friday early morning when they suspected it to a terrorist’s vehicle. The police said that the terrorists were trying to replicate the Barcelona attack.

Thursday was a bloody day for Barcelona as the vehicle hit the market when it was at its peak. As of now, the Police have arrested two people but none of them is the driver.

In a news release of the ‘Amaq News Agency’ the so called Islamic State; Islamic State Soldiers have taken the responsibility of the attack on innocents in Barcelona.

There was a blast reported outside a house in Barcelona that resulted in the death of a man. It is said to be connected with the attack in Las Ramblas attack.

There were dozens of gas cylinders at the location of the explosion. It was about 60 miles from Barcelona and as per the police; the residents of the house were all set to prepare explosives.

The police have released a photograph of the persons whose documents were used for renting the van. His name is Driss Oubakir. Driss is in his 20s and hails from Morocco. As per the latest updates, police have got hold of Driss but he has given the statement that his documents were stolen and he was nowhere involved in the attack.

As per the witnesses, the van was targeted on killing people only as the driver was finding targets to kills and thus driving side to side.

For latest national news subscribe to our newsletter.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

Oozzoo

Media & Entertainment

I am Raj Yura

A poet-philosopher putting head in heavens and heavens in the head

Web Development Ebooks

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Art and Words

by The Amanda Lea

SK Adventures

Challenge Accepted

WeRIndia

Leading India News Source

Fashion in India - Threads

Leading India News Source